O for a muse of fire indeed!
Wednesday, January 24, 2007 @ 10:30 PM

Well, I managed about 2500 words today and got up to page 70/85 (in this document. The other document--consisting of the first half--is ~120 pages or so, single spaced, since then more fits on the screen). So, hopefully this will be the final stretch. ETD Saturday, with any luck? Finish it off tomorrow, reread tomorrow evening and Friday. Print, and mail.

Sounds so simple. Even without logistical errors (printer problems etc.), it rarely seems to end up being so simple as all that.

Alas. But I'll be so thrilled to be done. And if I finish by the weekend and am free into next week to pack and prepare--what bliss indeed! Fingers crossed. O for a muse of fire--and one of earth, air and water besides. They'd all be of considerable assistance, I suspect, in this particular undertaking.

Don't fail me now, ladies. And next week, we'll go off on a fabulous, fun-filled, wellspring replenishing holiday (as a last resort, attempting to bribe one's muses is always an interesting option).

Posted by Anduril Elessar.

0 comments.


.profile.

susan deefholts
writer & editor

"fill your paper with the breathings of your heart"

-william wordsworth

.my complete profile.



.invocation.

"O for a Muse of fire, that would ascend/The brightest heaven of invention,/ A kingdom for a stage, princes to act/ And monarchs to behold the swelling scene!"

-william shakespeare


.links.

.my main blog. now reading/watching blog. jorrie's blog. mum's website.

.archives.

January 2007 March 2007 April 2007 April 2008


.recent posts.

Warming up for the final stretch...
Setting up a custom blog...
This is my test post
Here is my first post!

.credits.

Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II
Box Codes: Kriss