Hope for me Yet
Friday, January 26, 2007 @ 12:08 AM

This woman does remarkable work using techniques called HDR and Orton processing (and, I suspect, a variety of other methods as well). Though they're photographs, they have the atmosphere, resonance and power of paintings. Well, they look like paintings, IMO.

It gives me hope that even if I never end up developing my ability to draw, I might manage to do stuff in the visual arts all the same. I do have plans, once my desk clears a little, of working through a few books on how to use Photoshop. Then, even if I don't manage to draw or paint well, I might still be able to produce remarkable imagery with photos I've taken, worked with and transformed into altogether different works of art.

It's exciting to be given that hope, in an arena where I had pretty much decided I was not likely to get anywhere. Maybe some day I'll be able to call myself a visual artist of sorts as well, thanks to digital technologies! :-)

Posted by Anduril Elessar.

0 comments.


.profile.

susan deefholts
writer & editor

"fill your paper with the breathings of your heart"

-william wordsworth

.my complete profile.



.invocation.

"O for a Muse of fire, that would ascend/The brightest heaven of invention,/ A kingdom for a stage, princes to act/ And monarchs to behold the swelling scene!"

-william shakespeare


.links.

.my main blog. now reading/watching blog. jorrie's blog. mum's website.

.archives.

January 2007 March 2007 April 2007 April 2008


.recent posts.

O for a muse of fire indeed!
Warming up for the final stretch...
Setting up a custom blog...
This is my test post
Here is my first post!

.credits.

Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II
Box Codes: Kriss