The New Cover
Thursday, March 15, 2007 @ 4:25 PM

Giselle suggested that I use one of the Waterhouse paintings that I had incorporated into a little calendar I made a while ago in my design of a new cover. It's a great idea--particularly since Waterhouse's work is now in public domain! Yippee!

I haven't figured out how to use Photoshop yet (which is annoying. I'll get to it soon), so I designed it in Photodraw, which doesn't allow you to figure out or specify what dpi you want (at least, not that I could find). Frustrating also. So, I'm not sure how it will look in print (they recommend a 300 dpi file--I'm guessing this is well below that). I also don't know what I'll do about books two and three (I'll need to find covers with the same look at that point--or I can just redesign! That would be good practice at least!).

At any rate, I don't intend to order print/proof copies yet, since I'll wait till the others arrive first, go through them and make the appropriate fixes and corrections to the content. Then I'll order my proofs from that and see if the cover renders all right or not! But I do like the overall look of this new cover, at least.


Posted by Anduril Elessar.

0 comments.


.profile.

susan deefholts
writer & editor

"fill your paper with the breathings of your heart"

-william wordsworth

.my complete profile.



.invocation.

"O for a Muse of fire, that would ascend/The brightest heaven of invention,/ A kingdom for a stage, princes to act/ And monarchs to behold the swelling scene!"

-william shakespeare


.links.

.my main blog. now reading/watching blog. jorrie's blog. mum's website.

.archives.

January 2007 March 2007 April 2007 April 2008


.recent posts.

World building
Hope for me Yet
O for a muse of fire indeed!
Warming up for the final stretch...
Setting up a custom blog...
This is my test post
Here is my first post!

.credits.

Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II
Box Codes: Kriss